Friday 15 February 2013

Chapter 5 – I believe high-fives are in order ....

In which our hero finds herself in possession of a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment....


I've been here for five days. Really, it should be counted as four, because the first day was the day I'd arrived in the morning, having had probably nine hours of sleep in the previous 36 hours. I was so tired that I forgot what groceries I bought, and then discovered them the next day and was surprised and delighted.

In that time I have gotten myself set up with a phone, the internet, some foodstuffs, bought sunscreen and aloe vera goo, sent a postcard to Emily of the Arctic, got my student card, found out how to sign on to the student portal, figured out how to use the access my school email, got a Go Card for the transit system, bought all three Back to the Future movies for $16, got a battery in my watch, found a wastebasket to for only $1.50, got a laundry hamper, swagged another Qantas blanket, found my own way to campus, met with my program convenor to figure out what I have credit for, and which classes I'm going to take, figured out the online enrollment system, enrolled in classes, swagged some free postcards, wandered around campus to get familiar with it, bought my first uni t-shirt, and found A Dance With Dragons in paperback, which I probably shouldn't have bought, but I did. As I said, I believe high-fives are in order.

Now my feet hurt.

Please, enjoy this picture of a tree.


2 comments: